Telemeta : open web audio platform
- Drastically improve collection zip packaqe streaming thanks to zipstream (check NEW dependencies)
- Compatible with TimeSide >= 0.5.2
- Add URL field to item so that a external sound can be indexed and streamed
- Add TIMESIDE_AUTO_ ...
Meet Guillaume Pellerin and Thomas Fillon at the first Symposium on “Ecology and acoustics: emergent properties from community to landscape” from june the 16th to 18th 2014 at MNHN, Paris, France
We will present Telemeta, an open and collaborativ ...
Thomas Fillon will be at the 4th international workshop of Folk Music Analysis in Istanbul, Turkey, from june the 12th to 13th 2014, Turkey for the Telemeta project.
Title of the poster: "An open web audio platform for ethnomusicological sound arc ...
Telemeta is a free and open source web audio content management system which introduces useful and secure methods to backup, index, transcode, analyse and publish any digitalized audio file with its metadata. It is dedicated to professionnals who wants to easily organize, backup, archive and publish documented sound collections of audio files, CDs, digitalized vinyls and magnetic tapes over a strong database, in accordance with open web standards.
Here are the main features of Telemeta:
- Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
- Pure HTML web user interface including dynamical forms and smart workflows
- Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player (thanks to TimeSide and SoundManager2)
- "On the fly" audio analyzing, transcoding and metadata embedding based on an easy plugin architecture
- Social cumulative indexing with semantic ontologies and timecoded markers
- Multi-format support : FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV and more
- User management with individual desk, lists, profiles and rights
- Playlist management for all users with CSV data export
- Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
- High level search engine
- DublinCore compatibility
- OAI-PMH data provider
- RSS feed generators
- XML serialized backup
- Strong SQL or Oracle backend
- Multi-language support: english, french, german and chinese
This software is exclusively based on open source modules and can be run on any Unix or Linux system.
Telemeta is sponsored by :
- Parisson : R&D for custom media solutions
- CNRS : Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (the french Natianal Research and Scientific Center)
- MCC : Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication (the french Ministry of the Culture and Communication)
- CREM : Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicology (the french Ethnomusicology Research Center)
- HumaNum : TGIR des humanités numériques
Telemeta is part of the DIADEMS project granted by the ANR (French Research Agency). The academic laboratories involved are:
Telemeta is supported by :
- LAM : Equipe Lutherie, Acoustique et Musique de l'Université Pierre et Marie Curie de Paris (Instrument design, Acoustic and Music team of the Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris)
- MMSH : Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l'Homme
The Telemeta project is managed by :
- Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy (at) parisson.com>
- Joséphine Simonnot <josephine.simonnot (at) mae.u-paris10.fr>.
The Telemeta application is or has been developed by :
- Guillaume Pellerin (Parisson)
- Thomas Fillon (UPMC, Parisson)
- Paul Brossier (Parisson)
- Riccardo Zaccarelli (Parisson)
- Olivier Guilyardi (Samalyse)
THE SMART PLAYER (TIMESIDE)
- Archives of the "Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicologie":
- full metadata migration of the 100 year old database,
- more than 5000 geolocated collections,
- more than 32000 geolocated items,
- more than 150 Go of WAV ethnological music files.
- Parisson sandbox:
Go to demo.telemeta.org and use the following login to try Telemeta has an administrator :
- login : demo
- password : demo
Two possible methods:
- The easiest one: use python package tools:
sudo pip install telemetaor
sudo easy_install telemeta
- Get the last archives here. Uncompress the downloaded archive, go into the created directory and install it from your favorite shell :
sudo python setup.py install
Telemeta uses Git for branching, versioning and comitting.
- Get the lastest development version to try the lastest useful features:
git clone https://github.com/yomguy/Telemeta.git
See TelemetaLicense for details about the CeCILL v2 license (GPL v2 like)
If you use Telemeta for production, please help us to improve and promote the application by donating something to the project.
Please click on the following button to be redirected to PayPal:
In order to follow the Telemeta project development and the discussions of the community, you are welcome to join the mailing list by subscribing on this page :